humbly charismatic, thrifty design ideas from my home to yours...

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Just Some Boots

Today I'm posting pics of a few of my thrift store finds...  My trip this morning was unsuccessful for decorating items (better to go in the middle of the week before the hoarders get there).  I was, however, able to pick up a slightly used pair of DanPost cowboy boots for my hubby.  Super-nice ones for $15...I'm sure they'd go for $200 elsewhere.  Anyhoo.... Take a look at some of the treasures that fill my house: 

Cast-Iron Stool $3. Covered the seat with a pillow case.  This one sits in front of our computer desk.  It's the perfect height for the kids!


 Vintage Lamp w/ embossed flowers $6.  Simple and sleek.  You need a little RED in every room.


24" Ceramic Owl Vase $10. Makes a perfect unbrella stand.  Owls are SO in right now too!  They are everywhere at the thrift stores though... They're a has-been that's coming back around.



One of my Favorites!!  Section of vintage Post Office Boxes $40.
This piece is special to me because growing up, my mailing address was P.O. Box #185.  Guess what's on the bottom left corner!  It makes the perfect side table.  I even have all the keys!!!


 
A real steal!  Old Hotel Mirrow $45.  This piece is so heavy I'm afraid to hang it.  The detail of its frame is amazing.  It's 5' tall!  I'm sure it would cost upward to $500 in an antique store.  It looks great leaning against the wall at the end of the couch.  A lamp at the other end reflects to give off even more light! This pic just doesn't do it justice. (Saw it propped up outside "Uncle Ed's Thrift Shop" in Pell City, AL).


I love finding treasures like this. Vintage Suitcase $5.
Suitcases look so cool stacked for design, but better yet, they make great extra storage for knick-knacks that have no other hiding place.  I keep extra blankets and throws in this tin bucket on top.


A great conversation piece!  1970's Peacock Lamp $9.  When you see an item like this grab it!  They are one-of-a-kind!  The base is wide and chunky and it even glows inside when plugged in.  The colors are vibrant and go well with any decor!

Last, but not least, is Angel.  I picked her up for 50 cents! She looks so pretty sitting a stack of old books on the mantel.  This is her original color; no paint added here. Perfection!  Oh, and for the books, I picked those up at garage sale.  The Odyssey of Homer, Great American Short Stories, 1984, and The Bridges of Madison County... all for a whopping 25 cents a piece!

1 comment:

  1. You are doing a great job on your blog baby.... I love you!

    ReplyDelete