humbly charismatic, thrifty design ideas from my home to yours...

Monday, July 18, 2011

Busy as a bee...

Hey ya'll!  Wow, it's been a while.  It's summer, well half-way through it, and I'm changing things around again.  All this hot weather has encouraged me to bring in some cool colors.  My kids say that our kitchen is, um, "overwhelming."  And I even heard that it "looks like a kindergarten class."  Whatever that means.  All I know is that COLOR is in, and I'm taking advantage.  Take a look at my projects; I have before and afters.  Then I added some other items that I've done for fun (and for $).    Enjoy.

Bought these Tagus Chef Copper Pots (12 total) for $35... Um, a steal!
I love love love the chalk board above the table.  I can put the menu, or quotes, or chores, etc.  It's an old frame.  I painted over the "farm" painting with Chalkboard paint.  I like how the RED POPS!

I usually have only 4 chairs around, but we were about to eat... 
It does look a little crowded right now, I know.

The trick is mismatched fabric and patterns
Poor little antique chair....left out in the weather.


But with a little TLC...

I'm in love
Needed some love...

After....Shabby Chic
Another great solid wood piece.  Bassett Furniture Chest of Drawers.  Sanded, painted, destressed. 
I have it FOR SALE at The Blue Building for $329
Don't have a "before" pic of this one, but it was in sad shape.  Just look at it now!
Stipped it down, sanded it, DecoPodge some great Damask fabric on the drawers, Aqua paint and glaze.
Wah-lah!  This piece is for SALE.







No comments:

Post a Comment